2009/02/14

Hina matsuri-Girls festival

March 3

Hinamatsuri is a festival celebrated by family with girls,
wishing their daughters a good health and growth by decorating
beautiful dolls made solely for this occasion.
On this day,We prepare special dishes like colorfully decorated garnished sushi,
red rice,clam clear soup and shirozake(white sweet sake made of sake and rice malt).

These dolls were given to me from my grand mothers when i was born.
I decorate them in this season every year with sushi and sweet.

Today I made these 3 kinds of dishes using spring ingredients
for this occasion.

I can feel spring will come very soon !



Chirashi-sushi
Decorated sushi rice with traditional ingredients






  Wakegi to Akagai no Teppai
Red shell and japanese green onion dressed with white miso dressing




Hamaguri no sumashijiru
Clam clear soup